Good news for users oppo r15: this smartphone has not been forgotten, and proof of this is the update that the Chinese manufacturer has released for it, which adds the Android 10 operating system under the signature ColorOS 7 customization layerwhich is the last one he has taken.
This device was made official on the market in March 2018; therefore, it is almost 2 and a half years old. At the time, it was presented with the Android 8.1 Oreo operating system, which was the latest at that time. The customization layer that covered it was ColorOS 5. Already with the new firmware package that it is now receiving, it is drastically renewed, in order to continue operating as a mobile that still has a lot to offer.
The Oppo R15 receives Android 10 under ColorOS 7
The update rollout is currently underway batch for certain amounts of users, in order to offer it gradually at first. This will be the case until it is expanded globally to all Oppo R15 units. Australians are the first lucky to get it.
The record of changes and news of Android 10 under ColorOS 7 for this mobile is quite extensive, and we list it below.
What’s new in the update
- The new borderless design makes images more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font offers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s quest to combine beauty and technology.
- Streamlined user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of the smart sidebar to open it in split screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assist Ball Opacity and Hide Assist Ball in full screen app.
- Optimized the floating window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: a bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the smart sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Screenshot 3-finger optimized: use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and slide your fingers to adjust the size of the screenshot. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and slide your fingers out to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: you can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag and drop it to share it, or drag it down and drop it to take a long screenshot.
- New gesture: swipe in from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimized gestures: all gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added dark mode: protect your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added focus mode: It protects you from external distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new loading animations.
- Optimized the Quick Settings UI for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause feature for screen recording.
- Added floating window and settings for screen recording.
- Added new sounds for file deletion, calculator key taps, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system of preloaded ringtones.
- Added floating TalkBack messages for accessibility.
- Added color accessibility mode to improve user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management feature for recent tasks: you can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps
- Visual interaction optimized for Game Space.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added art + static wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when you swipe down on the home screen.
- Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the home screen.
- Swipe up on the lock screen to change unlock methods.
- Optimized the password unlock graphic design to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the lock screen.
- More clock styles without display.
- Added a simple home screen mode, with larger fonts and icons, and a cleaner layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to prevent targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open the Calculator in floating form
- Added trimming feature in Recordings.
- Added Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimized the UI and the sound of the timer.
- Optimized the album UI for a clear hierarchy and fast photo search.
- Added album recommendations recognizing more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports file sharing with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search settings now support fuzzy matching and contain a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: create your video with one touch.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).