We were waiting for this smartphone to hit the market for several reasons in particular. One was to know if really the Snapdragon 821 chip would land on a new device before the Google Pixel, and the other, in case Xiaomi was able to improve its flagship this year, the Mi 5. From what we can see from this same news, it seems that we are facing a New flagship smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer that advocates high quality components and all the performance it will offer, although here we will continue with that single lens on the back for a great photograph.
Xiaomi has just announced the Mi 5s, the company’s latest flagship phone at an event in China as promised and we had collected in various news from these same lines. Among its greatest characteristics is its 5.15-inch 1080p display with curved glass panel, has in its guts the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core and works with MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. A powerful smartphone with which one can face the rest of the current high-end range, although without leaving so many euros when one acquires it from some of the import stores or Amazon itself.
The round, fashionable
If we put it head-on, we could almost compare it to the new Google Pixel that will be presented on October 4. The Xiaomi Mi 5s has rounded corners like many others, although with the peculiarity that it has the curved glass in the final finish both on the sides and on the bottom and top. A good finish with a unique metal design and a thickness of 8.25 millimeters for a great phone that offers all the features that you can expect from a flagship.
Apart from the mentioned 5.15 ″ Full HD screen, its Snapdragon 821 chip and the MIUI 8 layer of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. You can count on 4 GB of RAM memory and a large capacity in photography by having a lens Sony IMX 378 that takes you up to 12 megapixels with dual-tone LED flash on the rear. A 1 / 2.3 sensor lens, phase detection autofocus (PDAF) 4K video recording, and a 4 megapixel front camera with 2 micron pixel size. A great bet not to be left behind in a photograph that every time improves enormously at all levels from an Android device; the Xiaomi phone was not going to be less.
Do not forget about USB Type-C port and neither of the 3.5 mm audio jack. The battery is 3,200 mAh, more than enough for that 5.15 ″ Full HD screen and the Snapdragon 821 chip, which is more energy efficient. Great autonomy can be expected. Finally, we are left with the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor that scans fingerprints in a jiffy.
Mi 5s specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080) Full HD display, 600 nit brightness, 94.4% NTSSC color gamut, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- Quad-core Snapdragon 821 64-Bit chip clocked at 2.15 GHz
- GPU Adreno 530
- 3 GB RAM / 64 GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, 4GB RAM / 128 GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12 MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f / 2.0 aperture, Sony IMX 378 1 / 2.3, PDAF, 4K video recording, 120 fps slow motion at 720p
- 4 MP front camera with 2um pixel, f / 2.0 aperture, 80 degree wide angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 145.6 x 70.3 x 8.25 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band (MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,100 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5s will arrive in dark gray and gold with a brushed metal finish and silver and rose gold with a matte finish. The 3GB RAM and 64GB variant will be priced approximate of 299 dollarss and the 4GB of RAM and 128GB for $ 344. From September 29 it will be on sale in China.