The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro they are the current flagship smartphones of the brand. These arrived at the time, back in April of this year, with the Android 10 operating system under OxygenOS 10, which in that period was the most recent version of the company’s customization layer.
These mobiles are now welcoming a new software update, which comes with Android 11 under OxygenOS 11, and best of all, it is a stable version. Let us remember that several months ago both terminals were worthy of Android 11 in its beta form.
The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro get Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
The new stable firmware package that adds the customization layer OxygenOS 11 with Android 11 is being rolled out over the air to an undefined limited number of users at this timeand a broader implementation will begin in a few days if the Chinese manufacturer does not find bugs and flaws in the software, something that the lucky recipients of this update have to collaborate with, so that they can be identified more quickly and solved.
Users who are not listed to get this OTA should not despair. We anticipate that before the end of the year the update will be offered in all units globally. Let’s keep in mind that OnePlus has been characterized in the industry for being one of the brands that provide the fastest and most support when it comes to offering new updates.
Related Article:OnePlus 8 Pro Survives JerryRigEverything’s Harsh Durability Tests
The update only needs two things to be downloaded and installed, and that is a free space of 3 GB and the battery charged with more than 30%. Below we list the complete and official changelog given by the signing of OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro flagships:
- The fresh new visual UI design gives you a more comfortable experience with various detail optimizations.
- The new weather UI supports dynamic changes between sunrise and sunset. Now you can have day and night at your fingertips.
- Optimized stability in some third party apps and improved user experience.
- game space
- Newly added game toolbox for convenient Fnatic mode switches. Now you can choose three ways of notifications: text only, prompt, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from the top right/left corners of the screen in game mode)
- Newly added wrong contact prevention function. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click, and the notification bar will appear.
- ambient display
- Added Always On Ambient Display feature, Custom Schedule/All Day option included. (To configure: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the usage data of the phone. (To configure: Settings> Personalization> Clock style)
- Added 10 new watch styles. (To configure: Settings> Personalization> Clock style)
- dark mode
- Added hotkey for dark mode, pull down quick settings to enable.
- Support automatically turn on function and customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark mode > Auto on > Auto on from dusk to dawn / Custom time range)
- Zen mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, etc) and more time options.
- Including group function in Zen mode, now you can invite your friends and enable Zen mode together.
- The history function is supported, which automatically forms weekly videos with stored photos and videos.
- Optimized loading speed and image preview is now faster.
- The desktop widget may disappear. It can be set as follows: Long press on desktop – “Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.