Portal Pushbullet Guide: Quickly Transfer Files or Entire Folders from PC to Phone
From the same creators of Pushbullet, one of the best services available on android for sharing notifications between smartphones and PCs, here is also Portal.
It is a thoughtful application to transfer from PC to phone, in a very simple and fast way, single files, multiple or even entire folders.
Unlike many other similar apps already available on the Play Store Portal it does not present any limitation on the transfer speed and above all the data movement operation really is immediate as it can be completed with a simple drag and drop.
In order to work Portal uses the wireless connection, therefore it is essential that the computer and smartphone are within the same WiFi network (the transfer will be direct and no data will pass to external servers).
Here’s how to use it.
- Download the app from the Play Store to your phone Portal .
- Start the app from the programs menu and at the first access click on Let’s go.
- Now on your computer go to portal.pushbullet.com. You will find a big one QR code.
- From the phone click on the button SCAN And frame with the camera the QR code on the PC.
- As soon as the phone recognizes the code, the site page on the PC will turn white.
To start the transfer files or folders from your computer to your phone drag them simply inside.
- You will find the transferred files inside the Portal folder located in the phone’s internal memory.
Below you will also find a summary video.
From the settings of the app on your phone you can choose to create the Portal folder also in the external microsd and make sure to add it automatically photos and audio files transferred to their respective default android folders.
From our tests the new Portal service has always proved effective and above all quick to transfer any type of file.