Minecraft Nether Portal – this is how you get to the underworld
In addition to the overworld and the end, the nether is another dimension in Minecraft. To travel between dimensions, you need a portal. The Nether Portal will take you into the Nether accordingly. However, in order to use it, you must first make it.
What you need to know about the Nether Portal in Minecraft
When you step through the portal, a new portal will be created in the Nether, if it does not already exist. You can exit the Nether again through the same portal. The portal can also be generated in the air, but additional blocks are then added to prevent it from falling. The Nether Portal is deactivated when you remove a frame block or pour water into it. Animals such as horses and monsters can also get through the portal, but you are not allowed to be with the respective animal during this time.
Minecraft: How to Build the Nether Portal
The portal is composed of 14 obsidian blocks and must be at least 4×5 blocks.
- To get to the obsidian blocks, pour water onto still lava and mine the obsidian blocks with a diamond pickaxe.
- Now build the frame by building two rows of five blocks each from the ground towards the sky.
- Leave two fields free between the rows and fill them at the top and bottom with two more blocks each. You can also leave out these corners and only use ten blocks.
- Once you’ve built the frame, use a lighter or a fireball to light the inside.
- If you have done everything correctly, the portal will turn purple.