Smartphone dependency is a problem, and You could be Nomophobic and you don’t know it. What is Nomophobia? (no mobile-phone phobia), that is, a new disease that causes in us fear of leaving home without a mobile phone, running out of battery or not being able to use it for x reasons (for example).
The worst of all is that if you suffer from this disease, you could have a really bad time. There are symptoms of users who suffer from it and have tachycardias. In general, they feel desperate. They can’t live without a cell phone!
How do I know if I have Nomophobia?
How do I know if I have Nomophobia? If you meet at least 5 of these 10 signs of Nomophobia, you could be a little sick and you still don’t know it:
- You are terrified of leaving home without a mobile.
- You are terrified of running out of battery in your mobile.
- You are terrified of spending more than a day away from home because your cell phone battery runs out. Which forces you to take a power bank with you. Result: you panic that the power bank may fail and you run out of battery in your mobile.
- You couldn’t live without mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- You get sick if you can’t use your smartphone for whatever reason.
- You unlock your mobile every so often, and you have even bought a smart watch to control notifications even more and never miss anything.
- You look at social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram …) every so often so you don’t miss anything.
- You use your mobile even if your friends / partner or family are in front of you, because you always have an excuse to use it.
- You feel bad if no one writes to you in a few hours.
- You suffer from the phantom vibration symptom.
- From 1 to 3 points: congratulations, you can survive without a mobile and you don’t get sick even if you stay at home. What’s more, you could stay home sometime and you wouldn’t realize it.
- From 3 to 6 points: you use your smartphone to communicate with your friends, family and surely for work. You like to use your mobile but you are not an addict. If you leave it at home, you don’t get hysterical, but you still like to carry it with you in case something happens.
- From 6 to 10 points: you are totally addicted to mobile, especially if you have 10 points. Do not worry, I have obtained 9 points, but it is also true that the job demands it. Can there be anything better than the smartphone? Through it we can consult everything. But if you have this score, it would never occur to you to leave home without your mobile. You are Nomophobic!
Avoid using your mobile at all hours. If it is for work, try to rest and put it aside in your free hours. It sure suits you very well, and you feel better. Using your mobile in excess is bad, because it can give you headaches, anxiety, and eye pain.
What has been your score? Feel free to tell us in the comments, as well as whether you think Nomophobia is a disease or is being exaggerated.