Filling out a PDF form from your mobile is possible. This is thanks to the different apps that are available for Android through the Google Play Store.
In this opportunity we explain how to fill out PDF forms easily. At the same time, we explain how to save them with the changes made. In addition, you will learn to sign PDF documents easily and quickly with your mobile.
So you can fill out a PDF form from your mobile
In Android it is possible to fill out PDF forms without great complications. However, this requires third-party apps. Luckily, there are many in the Google Play Store, each one better than the other. Therefore, the procedure for filling out a PDF form from mobile may change, depending on the specific app used.
In this case, we will use Adobe Fill & Sign, one of the most practical and complete PDF document and form editing apps for Android. Its weight is just over 50 MB in the Play Store and has been downloaded more than 10 million times. The best part it is free.
Once Adobe Fill & Sign is already downloaded, you have to open it and sign in with a Google, Facebook or Apple account. An Adobe ID can also be used to sign in or register through the app. After that, the steps that must be followed to fill out a PDF form on the mobile with this app are the following:
- With the app open and logged in, choose any PDF form through its main screen. In case you don’t have any saved on your mobile, you can choose the example that comes with the app, which has the name “Sample Form” and is located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Later, once the PDF form is open, we just have to click somewhere or a field in the document to write the text we want. With the toolbar that appears after having located somewhere on the form to write, it is possible to increase or decrease the size of the font or letter, as well as to add a «check«, a bullet point or, well, if so we want it, letters divided into boxes. Through this bar, we can also delete everything we have written, by clicking on the trash button.
- After having filled in the PDF form as we wanted, we must save it, and for this we must click on the button “Share”, which is located to the left of the three-dot button in the upper-right corner of the screen. That will display a menu with different sharing options; we can save the document in Drive, send it by WhatsApp or Telegram, convert it into an image, send it by mail and more. To save it on your mobile, you have to choose the “Copy to…” option.
- Then you must choose the option Shared internal storage.
- Finally, you must proceed to save the PDF form that has been filled in any folder or location in the internal memory of the mobile, and for this you must click on “Paste”no more.
There are also other apps to fill out PDF documents and forms, as we highlighted above. However, Adobe Fill & Sign is, if not the best, one of the best options for it.
And it is that With this tool it is also possible to sign PDF documents. To do this, you have to look for the signature button that appears in the upper right corner of the screen when you are editing any PDF file or form. Then you have to click on “Create signature”, to finally make the signature in the field where it says “Place signature” and click on the “Done” button to save it and insert it later in the document, as simple as that.
Apps to fill out PDF forms
Next, we list the best alternatives to Adobe Fill & Sign that are available in the Google Play Store for Android completely free of charge. They all have an excellent reputation in the store, as well as being among the most downloaded in their category.
On the other hand, the process to fill apps in these applications, how could it be otherwise, is different from the one explained in Adobe Fill & Sign. However, it is still quite easy to carry out.
Xodo PDF reader and editor
This is a great option to edit, fill out and even sign PDF forms easily, quickly and for free from your mobile. Its interface makes it one of the easiest tools to use, at the same time that its functions and features make it very complete and versatile for all types of users. This app also serves as a PDF document viewer.
Foxit PDF Editor
The second alternative to consider is Foxit PDF Editor, an application that claims to require few system resources to operate smoothly and edit PDF documents at all times. It has several interesting features, but one that stands out the most is the ability to read the PDF aloud. It is also committed to privacy and security, with features that make sure to protect confidential information from unauthorized use of PDF files. The other thing to note is that it is compatible with 12 languages, among which, how could it be otherwise, English and Spanish are included.
pdfFiller: Modify PDF
Now, finally, we have pdfFiller: modify PDF, another excellent app that is used to fill out PDF documents and forms from your mobile. It also has the option to create and sign the forms. Edit documents from top to bottom, creating text blocks, increasing or decreasing font size, free-form drawing, importing images of different formats, and more. Save them on your phone and share them through different media with this app.