OnePlus has released the stable version of its Oreo update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users. And we also have it available for you to download – yes, you can simply download the OTA below, and follow our guide to install it manually, without waiting for the OnePlus to push it to your device.
Should it be necessary, the Android 8.0 update for the 3 and 3T has been available as a beta for quite some time. With HTC rolling out the U11 Oreo update, we thought it was about time OnePlus ditched the beta in favor of the stable version, and they did.
To Oreo now. Just download the Android 8.0 update for your OnePlus 3 / 3T from below and install it yourself using the installation guide shown below.
Also read: OnePlus Oreo update release date and news
Contents hideDownload OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Oreo updateHow to install Oreo update on OnePlus 3 and 3TMethod 1: Install directly from internal phone storageMethod 2: Install from PC using ADB Sideload
Download the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Oreo update
- OnePlus 3 Oreo Update: OxygenOS Software Version 5.0
File name: OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_060_all_1711160505_4058f102bbfb40b9.zip
- OnePlus 3T Oreo Update: OxygenOS Software Version 5.0
File name: OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_060_all_1711160447_ac836d401bb44fe0.zip
To install the OnePlus 3 / 3T Oreo update, you need to download the full OTA update package from the download links above and then install it manually via adb sideload in recovery. Let’s start.
How to install Oreo update on OnePlus 3 and 3T
There are two methods to manually install the Oreo update on your OnePlus 3 / 3T. Both methods involve the use of population retrieval, but the former is very convenient if you are on mobile and do not have access to a PC.
Method 1: Install directly from internal phone storage
- Download and transfer the Oreo update .zip file to the internal storage of your OnePlus 3 / 3T (do not put it inside any folder).
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- First turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons until you see the recovery screen.
- Select option “Install from local” .
- Select the Oreo update .zip file that you transferred in step 1 above and install it.
- After the installation is complete, the phone will automatically reboot into the system. If not, select reboot from recovery mode.
Method 2: Install from PC via ADB Sideload
- Configure ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Download the Oreo update .zip file on your PC and rename it to oreo-stable.zip .
- Enable USB debugging :
- Go to your phone’s Settings “About phone” and tap “Build number” Seven times. This will enable Developer Options on your phone.
- Now go to Settings “Developer options” and check the USB debugging checkbox.
- Connect your OnePlus 3 / 3T to PC.
- Now open the folder where you downloaded the Oreo update.zip file and then open a command window inside the folder. To do this, do “Shift + Right click” in any empty white space inside the folder and select “Open command window here” in the context menu.
- Now issue the following command in the command window to reboot your device in recovery mode: adb reboot recovery
└ Check your phone screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging” , accept it by selecting Ok yes .
- Once in recovery mode, select the option “Install from USB” and then tap on okay . You will see “You are in sideload mode” on the screen.
- Now run the following command to start installing the Oreo update on your OnePlus 3 / 3T: adb sideload oreo-stable.zip
└ This will start the installation of the Oreo update.
- After the Oreo update is installed, the phone will automatically reboot into the system. If not, select reboot from the main recovery menu.
That’s it. This should install the Android 8.0 Oreo update on your OnePlus 3 and 3T.