Fortnite is the most popular online game today and we already have it available at Android although only in some specific Smartphone models. An action game type Battle Royale (only one can remain on the stage) that has already swept PC and that has made the leap to Android devices directly thanks to the conversion made on its native engine Unreal Engine 4. In this guide we will go over the supported devices, learn how to install, configure and control it with gamepad or keyboard and mouse.
FORTNITE COMPATIBLE HARDWARE ON ANDROID
Unreal is the creator of Fortnite that uses its own graphics engine Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) for all versions of your game, this way you can apply the same content to all your platforms and continue the experience on any device.
The minimum requirements are imposed by the UE4 since by default this type of game can only be compiled with a profile that supports these characteristics, as we see they are demanding but not anything out of the ordinary either.
- Have a GPU with OpenGL ES 3.1 or higher support
- System with minimum 2 GB of RAM
- Android 5.1.1 (Android 8 recommended)
The problem right now is that Fortnite is locked on unofficial devices, so we can only run it on smartphones from the list of models that you can see below.
Supported smartphone models
- Samsung galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8 +, S9 / S9 +, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30 +
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6/6 Plus, Mi 8/8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11 / U11 +, U12 +
- Lenovo: Moto Z / Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
- Sony: Xperia XZ / Premium, Xzs, XZ1 / Compact, XZ2 / Premium / Compact, XZ3
Android TV-Box compatibility
For now, despite the fact that many models comply with enough hardware to run this title, why is it imposed blocking? impossible to play on Android TV-Box directly. We hope to find a solution soon as it cannot even be played directly on the NVIDIA Shield TV, we can only play with the Geforce NOW streaming service broadcasting from our PC or from the cloud.
INSTALL FORTNITE ON ANDROID
Fortnite not available on Google Play, you have to download the APK to install it from your website, you have to do it from an Android device since it does not allow downloading it on a PC. With this obligation, Unreal ensures that all the benefits of the game go directly to their coffers without paying for Google Play.
To play Fortnite We need the best fluidity since in critical moments we need to perform quick and precise actions, so I recommend lowering the settings to the minimum within the settings icon, then we can play games by uploading settings and if we feel comfortable we can leave them.
Within the system settings we can still further fine-tune the response settings of the controls so that the system fits into our gaming mode, we have sensitivity controls in different aspects.
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE OR GAMEPAD IN FORTNITE
If we have a compatible device we can try to play with keyboard and mouse in Fortnite as it will give us a substantial advantage. The ability to strafe (lateral movement), point with the mouse, manage all the functions of the game with the keyboard is a differential point, something that is appreciated when playing where our adversaries with touch controls or Gamepad are very limited in movements. With gamepad in Fortnite We will have a lot of comfort and a lot of advantage over our rivals. Neither of these methods is officially supported by the game.
- We can test with Panda Keymapper 64bit To play with keyboard and mouse or Gamepad in Fortnite, 32bit apps do not work.
- PUBG MOBILE on Android, compatible TV-Box and how to play with Gamepad or keyboard and mouse