Connect Apple TV to WiFi
If you want to connect your Apple TV to the WLAN and thus access all of the device’s functions, you must first set it up. During setup, you will connect your device directly to the WiFi network and should therefore have the WiFi password ready.
How to connect your Apple TV to WiFi
- Connect to a power source: Connect your Apple TV to a power source. If you want to establish an Ethernet connection, connect it to the router.
- Connect to an audio system: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Apple TV to the television and, if you are using a receiver or switch box, directly to the respective device. You can use a second HDMI cable to connect the switch box to the television, for example.
- Display configuration screen: If you do not see a configuration screen when you switch on the TV, switch to the input to which your Apple TV is also connected.
- Connect remote control: To connect your Apple TV remote control to the device, click on the touch surface of the remote control.
- Set language settings: By swiping up on the touch surface of the remote control, you can select the country and language. If you make a mistake, press “Menu” to return to the last screen.
- Set up with an iOS device: Set up with a device allows you to pull credentials such as iTunes, iCloud and Wi-Fi directly from your iOS device. If you encounter problems, select “Configure manually”.
Use what your TV can do
If you have a 4K TV, you will be prompted to run a display test. Follow the on-screen instructions to get the most out of your screen.