Amazon Channels: All information about the new online pay TV
Streaming providers are increasingly competing with traditional television. Amazon is now taking the next step and penetrating the pay TV market with Amazon Channels. Read what the offer currently looks like and what it offers you.
With Amazon Channels, the shopping giant is significantly expanding its entertainment program.
With Prime Video, Amazon is mainly fighting against Netflix – and with the channels, Sky is now also fighting.
This is how Amazon Channels is structured
Amazon Channels currently includes around 25 channels in very different categories. Some examples:
- MGM: Here you will find Hollywood blockbusters and classics.
- GEO Television: This channel deals with documentaries.
- Arthouse CNMA: In this channel you will find sophisticated films with an artistic touch.
You can book each of these channels separately. Depending on the channel, the monthly fee is between EUR 1.99 and EUR 7.99. Other important information:
- If you use Prime Video via the app, you can also access your subscribed channels there.
- However, in order to be able to book a channel on Amazon Channels, you must already be an Amazon customer. The normal Prime membership is sufficient for this, the channels for Prime Video customers are also available.
- If you book multiple channels, you can cancel them independently.
- Basically, you can cancel every month; the trend towards short, flexible maturities is therefore continuing.
If you are interested in the offer, you can test it for 14 days free of charge.