All phones capable of taking photos in RAW / DNG
Take photos in RAW format It is something only recommended for those who are going to apply an edition after taking the photograph and who know what they are doing, otherwise taking photographs in RAW format is wasting time or even worsening the photo.
The fact is that Android mobiles already have cameras that are good enough to get the most out of RAW photographs that are normally taken. capture in .DNG format (one of the many formats of RAW photos). Now, not all cameras are compatible with RAW format and that is why you might like to know which mobiles are capable of taking pictures in .RAW. In many devices, RAW capture is supported, but the mobile is not capable of viewing the photos, nor does it have this option integrated into the standard camera. In the event that your mobile supports RAW and you want to take photos in RAW for free, you have applications for it.
What phones allow you to take pictures in RAW format?
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and Note 5 – The latest Galaxy series phones updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop allow you to switch to RAW format by entering Pro mode and then enabling the checkbox that says “Save file in RAW”. Now, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge do not have this option at the moment, although you must remember that with the method that we have mentioned above you can take RAW captures.
- LG G4 and LG V10 – The last two LG flagships also allow you to take pictures in RAW with the most complete camera application that we currently see on Android. What’s more, just enable the option to save in RAW from manual mode and that’s it, you can take high-quality photos by adjusting the ISO, shutter speed, focus and even white balance, it’s a beast of an application. Even the LG G2 with some modifications is capable of shooting RAW with Mi2raw Camera.
- Moto X Pure and Moto X Style – The standard application does not support RAW but yes, you can take pictures in RAW format easily with an extra application.
- Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 – The standard camera does not support RAW either, but if we install an extra app with the method we use for the S6, we can easily take pictures in RAW format.
- sony xperia z5 – The Sony Xperia Z5 family has an impressive camera but the camera application is quite bad, it does not have full manual controls nor does it incorporate support for saving RAW photos, although mobile phones can take this type of photography.
- HTC One A9 and HTC One M9 – These two mobiles bring support for taking RAW photos in the camera application itself.
- The One Plus 2 It is also capable of taking pictures in RAW format. In turn, the OnePlus One also supports RAW capture and we believe that the OnePlus X does it natively.
- The Xiaomi Mi4 you can also take RAW photos with no problem. Some Mi2 and Mi3 are also capable of RAW shooting.
- The ZTE Nubia Z5sn It is also capable of taking RAW photos.
Not only Androids shoot in RAW although we have focused on them, there are some nokia lumia like the 1020, 1520 and 830 that are also capable of taking RAW photos.
Do you know any other mobile that is capable of capturing photos in RAW format? Some Chinese mobiles begin to bring RAW capture also standard, little by little we will add them to the list. If you know of any that we have not included, you can add them in the comments and we will expand the list. Is it worth shooting in RAW? There is also an application to know if the mobile supports RAW, it is this.