With its stunning 18:9 aspect ratio display, Snapdragon 821 processor and dual rear camera, the LG G6 is undoubtedly one of the best smartphones that can currently be purchased.
But like any smartphone, the LG G6 also has its problems, so we have made a small compilation with some of them. the most frequent problems of the LG flagship along with some ways to fix them.
LG G6 – Battery Issues
There have been several reports about potential problems with the battery life of the LG G6. Although the manufacturer promises approximately 1 day of use thanks to the 3300mAh battery integrated in the LG G6, if the battery of your terminal runs out too fast, try some of these solutions:
- Make sure you have the latest software version by going to Settings > About phone > Software updates > Update now.
- Take a look at Settings > Battery and saving > Battery usage and look for the apps that drain the battery faster than normal and proceed to uninstall them if you don’t need them.
- Uninstall or disable apps you don’t plan to use. To do this go to Settings> Applications.
- The screen is the component that consumes the most battery in any smartphone. go to Settings > Display and try to disable Always-On modereduce screen timeout or brightness to save more battery.
LG G6 – Problems with transfers or streaming via Bluetooth
This is a problem that usually occurs in most mobile phones when connecting to Bluetooth systems in cars. If you find yourself experiencing interruptions or hearing strange noises while playing music via Bluetooth, try one of the following solutions:
- clear the cache from any app you use for streaming, like Spotify or Google Play Music. Go to Settings > Apps > Spotify (or whatever app you use) > Storage > Clear Cache.
- go to Settings > Bluetoothlook for the devices that you have linked and click on their names and then on the option unlink to start the process again.
- Check if your car manufacturer recommends some Software updates to install them in your car system. Also, try to erase any old bluetooth device that is recorded in the memory of your car.
LG G6 – Problems with the camera in low light situations or with moving subjects
The dual camera of the LG G6 is one of the most important features of the device, but not everyone is thrilled with its performanceespecially when it comes to low-light situations or with moving subjects. If in all your photos your subjects are blurry or you find that the camera is not able to take good photos when there are many shadows, try the following solutions:
- make sure you have the latest software version by going to Settings > About phone > Software updates > Update now.
- Open the Camera app and then the settings icon. Turn off Tracking focus or Tracking focus and see if the results are better.
- remember that you can toggle between wide angle lens and standard lens clicking on the tree icons.
- If you see improvements after trying these tips, or if you have a problem like a green stripeyou should contact the manufacturer or with the store that supplied you with the LG G6 to order a replacement.
LG G6 – Slow or intermittent crash issues
The LG G6 is a very powerful smartphone and should work perfectly in all conditions, but some users complained about frequent lags or crashes when scrolling through apps or web pages or when writing messages.
To fix these issues, try the tips below:
- go to Settings > Developer Options. If you don’t see this option, go to About Phone > Software Information and tap Build Number or Build Number 7 times in a row. You should see a message telling you that the developer options have been enabled. Now, in the Developer Options panel you will find 3 options: Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale, and Animation Duration Scale. Put everyone in 0.5x or disable them completely and you will surely notice a difference.
- Other people said that performance was improved after having enabled Force GPU rendering option in Settings > Developer Options.
- Slowness issues on LG G6 could also be due to old settings or apps and to breathe new life into your device you could try a factory reset. To do this, go to Settings> Backup and restore> Factory data reset> Restore mobile.
We hope that these tips have been useful to you in solving the problems you are having with the LG G6. As always, do not hesitate to leave us a comment to suggest other solutions or to inform us of other problems with these terminals.